Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Triathalon

Start line
Nerves
My mind racing
Am I going to win?
Hurry up! hurry up! hurry up!
Runner spotted
SLAP!
DIVE DIVE DIVE
Body sucked into the water

Arms pumping
Legs kicking
Heart pounding
Lungs screaming for air
FASTER FASTER FASTER
Looking for rivals

Dont hit the edge
Speed up
Dragging tired body over rough concrete
Grazed knees

RUN RUN RUN
Jelly legs
Sore arms unable to move
Can’t breathe  

Prickles biting at my numb feet
Scanning eyes
Fumbling fingers
No shoes
Painful pedals
Aching thighs

So close but so far
Where's a coffee when you need one
Back in action almost there
Finally I jump onto my bike
Pedal pedal pedal
FASTER FASTER FASTER!
The dirt flicked up as I turned the corner
I was in the lead
A chant started  
CLAUDIA! GO! GO! CLAUDIA!
I was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment